What Are the 7 most common types of couseling?
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy – is a common therapy for treating past traumas. EMDR is a science-based therapy that consists of alternating eye movements, sounds, or taps to help dislodge stuck memories, encouraging the brain to resume its natural healing process.
- DBT – Dialectical Behavior Therapy – is a form of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) that refers to viewing issues from various perspectives to find the most reasonable solutions or plan of action.
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy – is an evidence-based modality commonly used in couples counseling to help individuals recognize and understand their partner’s emotions.
- Motivational Interviewing – is great for those who aren’t sure they’re ready to make a change. Motivational interviewing is designed to help people find the motivation to make that positive change.
- Psychodynamic Therapy – Similar to CBT, psychodynamic therapy is an in-depth version of talk therapy that focuses heavily on the client’s perspective of the external world.
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Also commonly referred to as “Talk Therapy”, CBT is one of the most commonly used types of therapy used today. CBT helps one become aware of negative thinking loops so they can respond to a situation in a better way by learning to cope with stressful situations.
- Exposure Therapy – True to its name, Exposure Therapy is a modality used to help manage fears or phobias by gradually and systematically exposing the client to elements or situations that cause them fear.
How to get started with counseling
We’ll start by arraging a free phone consultation with you an one of our trusted thereapist. You'll briefly discuss your needs and decide if you'd like to process with booking a session. Many clients opt for a combination of online and in-office sessions; others choose one or the other as their schedule demands - we offer both to suit your needs!
We offer online therapy to Arizona residents and in-person therapy for those in the Scottsdale are - and we are currently accepting new clients.
Take the first step today...
At Claibourne Counseling, we offer a supportive and collaborative environment – we’re here to help when you’re ready!